- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Doing Business with the City
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Constitutional Offices
- Property Information
- Public Safety
Park Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
Oak Grove Lake Park
|Phone: 757-382-6411||Fax: 757-277-9365||Email: ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net|
|Address: 409 Byron Street, Chesapeake, VA 23320|
Located just off Volvo Pkwy, with its lake and scenic open space. There are 65 acres of hardwood forest and wetlands. Picnic tables and benches are scattered along the trail, which provide a mixture of panoramic views of the lake as well as forested areas and wildlife. Swimming and boating of any kind are not permitted at the lake except by pre-approved permit (city events and first responders training).
Other Park Amenities:
- Fishing/observation platforms*
- Play area
- Rentable Picnic Shelters with grills
- Trail – 1.5 mile circular multi-use fitness trail for walking, jogging and biking, runs the perimeter of the 65-acre lake.
- 6 outdoor fitness stations are located around the perimeter of the trail
- Take a brief virtual tour of the main entrance path, playground and shelters by the lake.
*ADA-accessible Trail and 5 ADA-accessible fishing/observation platforms around the lake are open to the public for bank fishing (except as prohibited by signage).
Fish the stocked lake for large mouth bass and channel catfish. Other fish you might see are bluegill and pumpkin seed sunfish.
Virginia fresh-water license is required for all fishermen age 16 years and older.
- The Park does not sell fishing licenses.
Related Fishing License Information and Regulations
- VA Dept. of Wildlife Resources
View the City's rentable facilities and park amenities: