- City Activities and Info
- Resources for New and Relocating Businesses
- Doing Business with the City
- Development, Land Use & Construction
- City Council
- Constitutional Offices
- Property Information
- Public Safety
9 a.m. until sunset year round
Monday-Sunday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Open April 1 - November 30
Monday-Sunday: 10 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Lake Lesa: February 16, 2022
Northwest River Park and Campground
|Phone: 757-421-7151||Email: ContactPRT@cityofchesapeake.net|
|Address: 1733 Indian Creek Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322|
Trout were last stocked on February 16, 2022
Located on the banks of the Northwest River in Southeastern Chesapeake, VA, this 763-acre park is the perfect blend of natural beauty and recreational activities. Year-round boating, fishing, hiking, and programs are just the beginning. We have our own 18-hole disc golf course, miniature golf course, horseshoes, volleyball nets and so much more. The park has 66 campsites and 2 rental cabins (pets are not permitted in cabins).
Park Hours: The park is open 9 a.m. to sunset year round.
Campground and Equestrian Camping: Reservations must be made online through ReserveAmerica. For more information on camping and cabins, visit the web page, view the brochure, or call 757-421-7151.
Camp Store hours: Monday-Sunday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Boat Rentals: Paddleboats are available to use but may be limited to the front part of Lake Lesa.
Monday-Sunday: 10 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (all boats back in by 4:00 p.m.)
Get Directions from Google Maps:
1733 Indian Creek Rd, Chesapeake, VA 23322
- From Norfolk take I-464 south: At end of I-464 stay to left take Rt. 168 south. Take exit 8B, Hillcrest Pkwy East (last exit before toll). Turn right onto Battlefield Blvd. Turn left on Indian Creek Rd. Park is approximately 4 miles on right.
- From North Carolina travel North on Rt. 168: Turn right on Gallbush Rd., turn right on Indian Creek Rd. Park is approximately .2 mi on right.
Take a Tour of the Park: Easy access is provided to many areas of the park, including hiking, fishing, and camping. Call 757-421-7151 for more information on accessibility.
Park Facility and Shelter Rentals: For more information on facility and shelter rentals, visit our rentals web page.